RCI’s Professional Coaching Foundations is designed to provide you the skills, support and confidence needed to help others as a Professional Coach. Participants access the training materials through an online “classroom” and call in weekly to meet with their instructor and class mates using a telephone or webcall.
This training program provides the foundational skills of professional coaching and on its own can prepare you to be a “Life Coach”. This is the first module in both our ICF approved Singles and Couples relationship coach training. If you aren’t sure yet which population you’d like to serve or if you simply want a more affordable way to get started, beginning with our Professional Coach Skills Training may be the way to go.
Professional Coaching Foundations Curriculum
Note: RCI’s Professional Coach Foundations self-study program includes the same curriculum, but does not include any class or class mate meetings. Self-study does not meet RCI’s relationship coach training pre-requisites as you do not get the practice or mentoring needed to acquire and master needed coaching skills.
Professional Coaching Foundations (PC-PCF) *
Professional Coaching Foundations (PC-PCF)
The professional standard in the coaching industry is highlighted in this informative, and in-depth exploration of the ICF Core Competencies, including an in-depth look at the ICF Code of Ethics. Not only are these areas of focus the foundation for the most valuable professional coaching skills, but they also provide practical tools for maximizing the coaching relationship.
- Prerequisite: none
- Meets for 19 weeks
- Meets once per week for 1 hour for class with instructor
- Lab Teams meet once per week for 1.5 hours to complete assignments and to practice skills
- Additional time commitment to complete homework: Approximately 2-3 hours/week
- 24 contact hours
* If you are an ICF Certified coach, or pass our coach placement test, this course is optional for you.
* If you are already an ICF Certified coach, or if you took a foundational coach training elsewhere and pass our coach placement test, our Professional Coaching Skills Training is optional for you.
Meet our Professional Coach Trainers
What I do: As the lead instructor for the Singles Track at RCI I instruct our members in the Conscious Dating Singles I and Singles II programs. I assist coaches in practicing and developing their skills so that they will feel confident using the materials in their own workshops and with their own clients.
My Mission: I love empowering coaches to step out with confidence when working with clients in search of their life partners. The contribution that our coaches make in the lives of their clients is no small thing. It is my goal to provide the coaches with a safe environment to practice, learn, and grow their skills. Working with these coaches makes me feel that I have made a meaningful contribution to their work and to RCI.
- I have a Master Degree in Counseling Psychology and worked as a therapist prior to deciding to devote myself to coaching exclusively.
- I received my coach training at Coach U and began coaching in 1998.
- In 2006 I joined RCI and in 2008 I became an RCI Master Certified Relationship Coach.
- I have been a mentor coach for the singles track for RCI for several years as needed and for each session of classes since 2011.
What I Do: As the Founder and Chief Love Officer of Ready-Match, located in Denver, CO, Laura helps clients find, create, and keep amazing love. Laura helps clients become crystal clear about themselves and learn the knowledge and skills it takes to Self-Match and build the foundation for an amazing relationship. With incredible marriages as a result, Laura even officiates in the marriages of couples she coached.
Laura is also the Co-Founder of The Radical Love Summit, an annual conference open to the public in Denver, CO. She also leads RCI’s Professional Coach Training program and is one of our most popular and highest rated instructors.
- Co-Founder – The Radical Love Summit
- Featured coach in a television series – ‘Radical Dating – Breaking Through The Barriers To Find Lasting Love After 40′
- Emily Makinzie’s ‘Love Guru’ on Denver’s Mix 100.3 FM
- Professional Coach Trainer for budding coaches in Singles Coaching & Professional Coaching at The Relationship Coaching Institute.
- Ordained Minister – American Marriage Ministries
- BA – Communications, University of Illinois at Chicago
- MBA – International Business – Lake Forest Graduate School of Management
- CPCC (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) – The Coaches Training Institute
- PCC (Professional Certified Coach) – International Coach Federation
- CRCS (Certified Relationship Coach for Singles) – Relationship Coaching Institute
- CRCC (Certified Relationship Coach for Couples) – Relationship Coaching Institutex
What Our Members Say About Professional Coach Training
“Professional Coaching Foundations is a doorway into the exciting world of coaching. Come ready to learn, throw out your preconceived notions, and practice the coach approach! You will learn about the many skills a coach utilizes to help a client move forward toward their big picture goals and you’ll be challenged to speak with intention, clarity, and presence.”
“Hi, I’m Birgit from Switzerland. When I joined RCI a few months ago I had no idea about the coaching methodology and thanks to RCI’s excellent high quality curriculum and content I was up to speed in no time and getting my own coaching clients. What I like most about RCI is the flexibility, that it’s online and I can join from wherever I am in the world, and the different cohorts allow me to choose the perfect class times for my busy life. The support team of RCI is outstanding, I get my questions answered within 24 hours or shorter, and always in a very helpful, warm way that makes me feel heard and helped and feel like I’m coming to my family. I love that RCI pushes us to practice and apply what we learn and is exactly what I need to be a successful coach. RCI has extremely helpful business building materials, support calls, and coaching materials I use with my clients. I’m a huge RCI fan and I’m happy to be a Lifetime Member.”