Relationship Coaching News
Copyright 2006 by Relationship Coaching Institute. All rights reserved. Feel free to share with others as long as our contact information and authorship is included. U.S. Library of Congress ISSN#1530-3055.
Available for order NOW at www.ConsciousDating.com
Conscious Relationship Article
This month we are blessed with a plethora of outstanding free tele-seminars, including:
I'm excited! I recommend clearing your schedule and doing nothing else during April but participate in these programs!
Well... OK, perhaps you have a life and other things going on. No problem, they will all be recorded and available at your convenience.
If you are receiving this from a friend and wish to subscribe, or are interested in our newsletters for Singles, Couples, or for Practice Building, visit /forms/subscribe.htm
To pass the word about us to a friend or colleague click here
Hot, New, Creative Ways to Get
Are you running out of ways to get new clients? In this seminar Annie Jennings, David Steele and Jeff Herring will cover more than 12 new and creative ways to get new clients.
We are confident you will learn strategies you haven't heard of or tried, such as:
And, many more! You'll find the above strategies described in this month's Feature Article in our Getting Clients newsletter- Our Top 7 Creative & Exciting Ways to Get New Clients .No need to register. This seminar is FREE for subscribers of our free monthly practice-building newsletter GETTING CLIENTS
To subscribe and receive your invitation to this seminar, please visit http://www.buildingyouridealpractice.com
Please share with your colleagues!
Thursday, April 13
Half of all marriages in the U.S. end in failure. In about two-thirds of these cases, the wife precipitates the divorce. In many cases, the man is blamed for the dissolution of marriage based because of his inability to meet his wife's needs. Yet studies show that men can have a great influence on the success of the marriage if they just do the right thing.
Maintaining a healthy marriage extends a man's life expectancy and increases his lifetime earnings, but it also has protective effects on a woman. Married women have less risk of domestic violence, a greater chance of having health insurance and greater levels of happiness than those who are single or divorced.
Men CAN learn to improve their marriage.
This seminar will cover:
No need to register! As a subscriber you will receive a reminder with the telephone bridge number needed to join a few days prior to the seminar.
Please share with your colleagues!
NEW! Free Teleclass Series Starts April 4
Program #1: Tuesday, April 4, 2006:
Program #2: Tuesday, April 11, 2006:
Program #3: Tuesday, April 18, 2006
As always, we'll record these programs for those who can't make the live teleclasses.
FREE for our subscribers! To register please visit
This series is Free! I hope you will join us. Paul and Layne's work is outstanding and I'm excited to share them with you.
Learn how to coach singles, couples, and develop a successful Relationship Coaching practice, taught by RCI founder David Steele and his teaching staff.
Introduction to Relationship Coaching includes 3 one-hour tele-classes, Tuesdays, April 4, 11, and 18, 2006; 9:00am pacific/Noon eastern.
Each class includes practical information and materials you can use immediately in your practice.
Can't make our training dates/times? Each class is recorded for those unable to attend, and we also offer an ON-LINE VERSION.
Please share with your colleagues! To register or for more information, visit /forms/freeteleclass.htm
The following professionals recently joined our ranks:
By Paul and Layne Cutright
Are your relationsips shipshape?
Relationships are in many ways like real, seagoing ships. Just like a sailing vessel needs regular, constant care and upkeep, your relationships need regular care and upkeep. The crew of a sailing ship is knowledgeable in the standard practices of seamanship, which is absolutely required to maintain a ship's seaworthiness. Unfortunately, most people are not knowledgeable in the standard practices of maintaining their relation-ships.
Yet, most people in relationships of any kind are usually focused on the goals of the relationship, whether building a life or a business or a community center. There is very little attention paid to the relation-ship itself. And often, somewhere along the voyage of life, the relation-ship is unable to withstand the inevitable and predictable storms of life that can damage both the individuals in the relationship and the relation-ship itself. Maintaining a strong, stable, satisfying relation-ship requires knowledge and skill - neither of which is commonly taught in our culture.
Enlightened relationships are distinguished both by the shared vision that guides the relationship as well as the standard practices of its partners. Enlightened relationships are created and maintained through specific standard practices. Unfortunately, these practices are uncommon in a popular culture gripped by fear and ignorance. But, through the commitment to learn and use these practices, the individuals and the relationship are elevated to new heights that uplift and evolve the soul.
Below we offer for your consideration our Top Ten Practices of Enlightened Relationships to help you in building and maintaining strong, durable and enlightened relationships.
1. Write down the purpose and desired results for your relationship. A relationship without a stated purpose and intended results is like a ship setting sail without a chart or plotted course. The purpose should be stated in a way that lifts the spirit of all partners.
2. Make choices grounded in love rather than fear. Become aware of your automatic reactions that are based in fear and look for the love choice instead. Ask yourself, what would love do or say in this situation?
3. Mutually agree upon strategies for dealing with predictable break-downs, i.e., miscommunications, upsets or disagreements and use them when needed. It is important to have these strategies in place before the breakdowns occur. It is difficult, if not impossible, to create and implement them in the middle of a breakdown.
4. Commit to win/win outcomes; don't settle for anyone being the loser. For the relationship to win, all participants in the relationship need to win. If anyone in the relationship loses, the entire relationship loses. Keep asking questions that lead you to the win/win outcome.
5. Practice “high performance” communication from the heart. People respond positively to the expression of heart-felt truth because it builds trust, even if they don't agree with it. High performance communication involves four specific skills, plus the ability to listen without judgment for the concerns of the other person that may be hidden behind their words.
6. Assume personal responsibility for your emotional reality and refrain from blame. Blame and projection will pollute the emotional climate of a partnership faster than anything.
7. Take the initiative for the satisfaction of your own needs and wants and make clear requests of others that inspire their cooperation. Don't wait for people to guess what will make you happy. Nobody likes to endure demands or covert manipulation.
8. Share power rather than struggle for it. Let go of the need to be right all the time. Value others ideas and perceptions as being as valid as your own. Heal your unresolved power/authority issues from the past.
9. See problems as opportunities. Every problem contains the gift of spiritual development within it. Learn to unwrap the package.
10. Nurture a conscious relationship with your Soul. The more spiritually attuned you are, the more enlightened you and your
relationships will be.
© 2006 Paul and Layne Cutright – All rights reserved.
Layne and Paul Cutright are relationship coaches and teachers who have been offering secrets and strategies for successful relationships at home and in business since 1976. They are authors of the best selling book, You’re Never Upset for the Reason You Think – Secrets and Strategies for Resolving Any Upset Quickly and Easily. You may learn more about Paul and Layne’s work at their web site – www.PaulandLayne.com where they offer a free online program called Successful Relationships 101 and other resources for your relationship success.
To pass the word about us to a friend or colleague, please visit http://www.buildingyouridealpractice.com/tellafriend.html
How do you like our newsletter? Your feedback is welcome! Until next time....
For Past Issues of this Newsletter
This monthly newsletter is written for the benefit of RCI Relationship Coaches, and is available to interested others. Feel free to share this with a colleague. Your submissions and feedback are welcome!
Relationship Coaching Institute
Conscious Dating for Singles
Partners in Life for Couples
Free Monthly Conscious Relationship Tele-Seminar Series
Free Conscious Relationship Podcast
Members of Relationship Coaching Network