TOP TEN REASONS TO CONSIDER COACHING
AS A RETIREMENT PROFESSION
In the next 20 years more than 76 million baby boomers will retire.
However, 72% will want or need to continue working in some capacity during retirement.
So working during retirement is or will be the norm rather than the exception.
While many “retire” to work in minimum wage jobs such as Wal-Mart greeters, intelligent, accomplished retirees want to transition to a more meaningful role that leverages their expertise and experience and allows them to pass along what they’ve learned and build their legacy to make the world a better place.
Currently, 39% of professional coaches are 55 or older and that number is guaranteed to grow as retirees discover how easily they can become a coach and how well coaching fits into their desired retirement lifestyle.
We consider coaching to be the IDEAL retirement profession.
Here's our Top Ten Reasons to Consider Coaching as a Retirement Profession:
1. Affordable training and start-up costs
2. Fast start-up- can start getting paying clients within 3-6 months
3. Flexible lifestyle
4. Flexible schedule
5. Portable- freedom to work from anywhere
6. Profitable- just a few clients can support your lifestyle
7. Fun- you can work because you want to, not because you have to
8. Meaningful- developmentally as we age we desire to help others, to mentor and leave a lasting legacy
9. Stimulating- learning new things and helping others keeps us sharp and energetic
10. Financial security- for most of us, retirement benefits are limited and we will probably outlive our savings